Do not forget to use our mobile app. It will make your journey around the city way more interesting.
And dipping park behind the old gazebo into the stalled pond
It also looks like a shadow of the guitar
With that, teshas, tear strings.
B. Pasternak, "Neskuchny garden", 1917
Vanny house was built in the 1790s. It is known that FG Orlov bought the estate in 1793. AA Orlova- Chesmenskaya, Orlov’s niece inherited the property after the death of FG Orlov in 1796. AG Orlov was her guardian.
Vanny house built in the deeps of the ravine above the Elizabethan (Ekaterinsky) pond in those years. It was a pavilion, designed in classic style, with a high dome and a terrace in front of the terrace dome rested on the columns of the Tuscan order. Pavilion was placed on the terrace. Semicircular staircase surrounding the pavilion descended to the water. Side parts of the main façade were overlooking the pond, decorated with huge semicircular windows with frequent bindings.
The pond was flowing and had a drain in the Moscow River. Significant amount of groundwater filtered through the pile system of Vanny house so far.
According to some sources, house served as a bathing for the rulers at one time. There were luxurious marble baths, which were filled with mineral water from mineral springs, the bottom of the pond was lined with marble as well.
The building housed a café "Float" and then dining room for visitors of Gorky Park since the beginning of XX century.
Slow fading of the once beautiful pavilion began in the 1960s, when the building was burned for the first time. Wonderful sashes were lost then and lattice appeared.
The window openings and the openings of two of the three doors have been bricked up in the late 1970s. The roof of the house was restored, the dome erected over the porch, columns were not yet closed. Columns were closed by metal sheets by the end of 1980.
At one time the place was chosen by "walruses" and vintage grotto house next door was used as a dressing room.
Columns partially collapsed; dome front facade, roof rafters and interior partitions burned after the last fire of 2003. White stone cornice was damaged. The building was sheathed with metal sheets and painted green. Currently it stands as such for more than ten years. It is difficult to recognize the once very elegant park pavilion.
The question of the restoration was raised again and again, but experts fear to take up this place because of the very complex hydrogeological situation. About 30 water keys are on the slopes of the ravine near the house. Old drainage system of clay pipes was installed in the house, but now it is broken, the walls are "sucking" moisture out of the soil, the house cracks and gradually tilts.
Vanny lodge is an object of cultural heritage of federal importance.