RU

Do not forget to use our mobile app. It will make your journey around the city way more interesting.

Green theatre

9/75 Krimsky Val Street
(no votes)
The main requirement for the project of the Green Theatre was to arrange the open audience for 20,000 seats, and the stage large enough.
+ -

Open-air theater existed in pre-revolutionary Moscow. Performances of the "Air Theater" conducted in the same Neskuchny garden were a great success back in 1830. Great masters: M.S. Schepkin, P.S. Mochalov, wonderful vaudevillian V.I. Zhivokini, talented actor and playwright D.T. Lenski, singer, composer, arranger of Russian songs and romances PA Bulahov etc. performed here. A.S. Pushkin with his fiancee N.N. Goncharova visited the theater.

A new object - a huge open air stage with a platform for the five thousand performers, destined for mass rallies, shows, competitions for professional and amateur art was built in Neskuchnii garden at Pushkinskaya Embankment a century later, in 1930. The Soviet press called new site the "Forge of the outdoor culture.

Moscow city committee of the CPSU decided to build a large open-air theater in the Park of Culture and Recreation named after Maxim Gorky at the end of June 1933. The main requirement for the project of the Green Theatre was to arrange the open audience for 20,000 seats, and the stage large enough.

"Bow" area located on the picturesque slope facing former Neskuchny palace and having favorable topography places was chosen for the construction of the theater. Audience, i.e. seats for spectators (covered with asphalt, the mountainside facing the Moscow River), in terms of a nearly correct sector is truncated at the center and divided into 15 belt sections: front seven - to sit and back eight - for standing.

Estrada (the stage with cupola) closed the sector of the amphitheater. Estrada was a wooden structure consisting of a large theatrical platform bordered by a covered gallery, limited on both sides of the pylons towers. a large sink for musicians was in the center above the gallery. Between the platform and the gallery was a place for the bureau in the form of an amphitheater.

Premises for staff, artistic rooms, etc. were located in the inner part of the platform and in the towers.

Green Theatre building was designed by architect LZ Cherikover in just 30 days, and already on July 6th, 1933 the theater was put into operation.

It should be noted that the theater building was located on the site of the above mentioned "huge Estrada of 1930", destined for various mass actions, i.e. somewhat closer to the river than the current building, which created a certain inconvenience to move the audience - remained free only a narrow neck of land along the shore of eight meters width.

Built in 1933, partially completed in 1937, suffered as a result of air raids during the Second World War, the Green Theater existed until 1956, when the question of reconstruction arose.

In connection with the preparation of Moscow to the reception and the opening of the VI World Festival of Youth and Students in 1956 it was decided as following: "the scenic part of the Green Theatre in the Gorky Central Park of Culture and Recreation will be built all over again and the stage will get new equipment."

New theater was built during the winter 1956-1957 by architect N. Sheverdyaev and opened prior to the beginning of the World Festival of Youth and Students. The theater building was pushed 25 meters back from Moscow river embankment, while the size of the territory was preserved.

Pop concerts, lectures and debates were here during the Soviet times. Domestic and foreign rock musicians are regular guests of the outdoor theater since the 1980. Stas Namin Centre located in the Green Theater since 1989.

Green House is the newly identified site of the cultural heritage.

Interesting

Monuments
Mobius strip

Mobius strip

Komsomol prospectus, 21/10

After this sculpture, the "Klein bottle" should also appear logically.

(no votes)
Houses
Hunting lodge

Hunting lodge

9/29 Krimsky Val street

Since 1990, the television program "What? Where? When?" Is being filmed in the former estate of Trubetskoy Pavilion.

(no votes)
Houses
Donskoy monastery

Donskoy monastery

1 Donskaya Square

One of the most well preserved monasteries of Moscow become a second home for rescued architectural masterpieces.

4
Houses
Graf Orlov’s summer houses

Graf Orlov’s summer houses

9/8 Krimsky Val

The Royal family used the house for open air tea parties during its stay in Moscow.

3.11
Houses
Vanny house

Vanny house

9/35 Krimsky Val Street

Vanny house is one of three surviving pre-revolutionary park pavilions of Nescuchny garden. Furthermore, there are still summer and hunting lodge in the garden.

3.44
Houses
12 Leninsky prospect

12 Leninsky prospect

12 Leninsky prospect

This is one of eleven buildings included in the Academy of Science of the USSR complex constructed using a new high-speed line method.

(no votes)
Houses
18 Leninsky prospect

18 Leninsky prospect

18 Leninsky prospect

This is one of eleven buildings included in the Academy of Science of the USSR complex constructed using a new high-speed line method.

(no votes)
Houses
Public toilets by architector A.V. Vlasov

Public toilets by architector A.V. Vlasov

9/47 Krimsky Val street

Many will be surprised, but there are toilets that could be objects of the cultural heritage. Especially this kind of toilets.

3.3
Houses
Ensemble of residential houses

Ensemble of residential houses

Leninsky prospect, 28

The residential complex on Leninsky Prospect for the employees of the Academy of Science of USSR and Committee of the State Security (KGB) in 1939-40. Architects were awarded the Stalin Prize.

(no votes)
Places
Neskuchniy garden

Neskuchniy garden

In the old days along the Kaluga road - modern Leninsky Prospekt - located the noble country estates of the nobility and wealthy merchants.

(no votes)
Houses
16 Leninsky prospect

16 Leninsky prospect

16 Leninsky prospect

This is one of eleven buildings included in the Academy of Science of the USSR complex constructed using a new high-speed line method.

(no votes)
Places
Central park of culture and recreation named after Maxim Gorky (Gorky park)

Central park of culture and recreation named after Maxim Gorky (Gorky park)

The park for culture and recreation opened on August 12, 1928 and occupied the territory of the All-Russian Agricultural, Handicraft and Industrial Exhibition operated here since 1923.

(no votes)