Do not forget to use our mobile app. It will make your journey around the city way more interesting.
For the first time the Hunting Lodge was mentioned on the plan of the entertainment estate of D. Trubetskoi (great-grandfather of Leo Tolstoy) in 1791. But many experts suggest that it was built later than the rest of the estate complex. And it became its only building, which has survived to the present day. In historical documents and literature, the house is called "stone grotto," "stone arbor", "samovarnitsey", and the name "Hunting pavilion" also occurs.
According to legend, in the summer-house there was a ground passage that came out into the Andreevsky ravine. In the house there is an attic in which the lifting mechanism of the chandelier is placed.
In the early 1930s, there was a café called "Samovarnik", later - the pavilion "Beer". In the late 1980s, the building was abandoned and burnt. Since 1990, the pavilion has been filming the television show "What? Where? When?".
The layout of the building has not changed since the construction, but by the 1970s, after numerous repairs, the house lost its original appearance. In June 2013, production documentation was prepared for its restoration.