Не забудьте про мобильное приложение.
Moscow State Museum “Burganov’s House”
Thursday: 11:00 - 21:00
+7 (495) 695-04-29
The museum “Burganov’s House” is located in a district where once there was an icon-painting settlement and the only church in Moscow of the Saint Evangelist Luke, the patron saint of icon painters. Therefore, apparently, not by chance, but at will from above, the creative studio of the National Artist of Russia, Academician of the Russian Academy of Arts, sculptor Alexander Nikolaevich Burganov, is located in a small outbuilding that has survived from pre-fire Moscow. When the artist appeared here, he understood at once that this place where there is a special aura of the capital, spirit of its history and art which need to be kept. A. Burganov put the memorable sign on the place of the lost temple of the evangelist. Active arrangement of territories, adjacent to a studio, began with this significant event.
The half-ruined old buildings hidden behind facades of modern houses by creative will and talent of the artist in a decade turned into an unusual sculptural architectural complex – the only territory in the capital, where as in ancient Athens "it is more statues, than people". However, as if without wishing to remain hidden from people, sculptures leave to them towards: before the central entrance the gallery of portraits - "People – Legends" is located, the garden "Ecology" was comfortably stretched in Sivtsev Vrazhek Lane. And special action unfolds in the museum, where the author, a director, the decorator and the creator of the actors is one creator – Alexander Burganov.
The Big yard is located in the centre of the museum. The main characters of action grouped in separate thematic stage as on the big stage around the yard. The central place is allocated to a pyramid of the exhibition hall “Small Louvre” over which the fight of two furious horses was played. But the dominating place in space of the yard is allocated to “the Arcadeof the Big Angel”. It is similar to the portal of the western cathedral with tiers of sculptural groups. It is also an altar with the "Big hands" uplifted over it in entreaty to the sky.
The way to the museum’s main building, the Pegasus gallery, goes through this arcade of the “Big Angel”. “The House of Pegas” was revived from the ruins of the old building from which only the walls remained. The space of gallery is the huge fantastic labyrinth consisting of series of certain halls of niches and transitions and each sculpture in the space – the owner.
And at the same time, a single, unsecured space was formed in the “House of Burganov”. There are no regulated guides in this space, the movement in it cannot be specified, logical and orderly. You can climb the roof of the Pegasus and look at the wonderful view from a bird's eye view of the museum courtyards and the adjacent Arbat lanes. You can descend into the underground passages of the Pyramid and examine the figures of the Big Angel Arcade in unusual angles. And also you can make a journey through time through the ages and peoples from ancient Greek artifacts to Japanese prints, from classical forms of ancient Roman gods to quaint images of surrealism.
Homestead of manufacturers Pavlovs4 Glazovsky lane
Manor on the corner of Glazovsky and Denezny lanes was built in 1905 by architect S.S. Kuczynski for rich customers manufacturers of Pavlovs, the owners of "Partnership of manufactures founded by I.I. Skvortsov." A two-storey house, topped with an elegant dome and lined with two-tone ceramic tiles, is an interesting example of Art Nouveau architecture.
Church of the Saviour on the SandSpasopeskovsky lane 4A
December 12, 1633 in the area adjacent to the Arbat, around the later Spasopeskovskaya site, was posted quartered regiment and his head was appointed - Filon Mikhailovich Onichkov. Soon the archers of Onichkov built themselves a wooden regimental church of the Transfiguration of the Lord. According to the documents, it has been known since 1643, but it arose earlier than this date.