RU

Malaya Lubyanka

+ -

Over the past two hundred years, it has repeatedly changed in length and in the title. Until the mid XX century. the street was of considerable length and starts directly from Lubyanka Square. Malaya Lubyanka name appeared at the beginning of the XIX century. together with the name of the parallel street Bolshaya Lubyanka. Before that, there were two street names: from the square to Furkasovsky Lane - Lane Baptist, and then New Street (at different times and it was called the Little Lubyanka Kirochnaya lane and street). Of the buildings in the former Baptist Lane nothing left. In the 1940s. in connection with the reconstruction of the house was completely destroyed by the NKVD that part of the street that appeared on Lubyanka Square. It is curious that saved the old numbering, so Malaya Lubyanka now begins houses №5 and №8. Non-existent part of Malaya Lubyanka: Starting from Lubyanka Square the first house on the left side of the house was Mosolov, right from the beginning of the XIX century. until the 1840s. Moscow possessions were Mingrelian princes Dadian stone chambers and garden. And possession of Mosolov and the princes Dadiani in the XX century. became the property of the insurance company "Russia", which is built on these tenements, in Soviet times included in the complex houses the NKVD-KGB. Next on the right side from the middle of the XVIII century. living representative of an ancient family, Guard lieutenant Fedor Prokofievich Sokovnin, whose cousin was Feodosia Morozova - famous raskolnitsa, captured in the picture Surikov "Boyar Morozova". At the end of the XIX century. it housed the imperial approval agency Steamship Company "Airplane". At the corner of Furkasovsky lane was a church of the Beheading of St. John the Baptist, built in the first wooden 1337 at the request of the Grand Duke Ivan Danilovich. In 1741 rebuilt in stone. The church was a small, single-headed, with a bell tower. When the church was the family cemetery Prince Lvov. On the other side, corner and on to the area from the middle in XVIII. was Lyapunovs possession, then merchants Kononov. In the alley out the chamber. In the 1880s. here was an apartment of the famous opera singer, teacher, Dmitri A. Usatova. In the 1890s. the house was a toy store Bertha Brown. Before our time is preserved only part of the street that was once called New. Most of the houses on the other side of her odd facade located on Bolshaya Lubyanka. At the site of the corner house №5 were residential buildings Third Moscow gymnasium, the main building which is located on Bolshaya Lubyanka. The house №7 in the 1870s. was a private clinic "with permanent beds," Dr. Paul Antonovich Radtsiha. And in the mid-1930s. - Moscow Regional registrar. Next in Malaya Lubyanka are huge, unpresentable type of construction belonging FSB and MVD. An even more interesting side. The first house (№8, aka №3 on Furkasovsky lane) in the late XIX - early XX centuries. belonged to the merchant's wife Obidina. All room she rented. For a long time at this address is an apartment and chemical-bacteriological institute Dr. Philip Markowitz Blumenthal. Institute, renamed in Bacteriology, stayed here during the Soviet period. In the next house №10 on the second floor for about ten years before emigrating in 1975 the fabled artist, collector of antiquities Russian Vasily Sitnikov, founded in his communal school of painting, a kind of free art academy. Of particular interest and fascination of Malaya Lubyanka gives the existence of the Catholic church of St. Louis, the oldest surviving Catholic churches in Moscow. Next to the temple in the 1890s. features a renowned private girls school Natalia E. Spiess, at the beginning of the XX century. lived a French citizen, who did a lot for the Russian industry, Julius P. Goujon.

Interesting
Houses
Centrosoyuz

Centrosoyuz

39 Myasnitskaya street

Tsentrosoyuz building was built in 1930-1936 by the famous architect Le Corbusier, with the participation P. Jeanneret and Soviet architect N.Y. Collie. The construction plot was suggested by the architect B.M. Velikovsky in 1925. It was an area between Myasnitskaya street and future new street connecting the center with the Three stations square (built as Novokirovsky Avenue, now Sakharov Avenue).

(no votes)
Places
 Nicholas Street

Nicholas Street

It is no coincidence that street street called Enlightenment.

(no votes)
Houses
Church of st. Nicholas the miricle worker in  Zvonary

Church of st. Nicholas the miricle worker in Zvonary

15/8 Rozhdestvenka Street

In the old days there was a "Wretched House", where people were buried for burial, who had no relatives.

Rating: 3.2
Houses
Middle trading arcade

Middle trading arcade

2 Ilyinka Street

Upper, Middle and Lower trading arcades were a part of the Red Square architectural ensemble.

(no votes)
Houses
Tretyakov trade house and "Crédit Lyonnais" bank

Tretyakov trade house and "Crédit Lyonnais" bank

13/9/1 Kuznetsky most street

From this corner began the glory of Kuznetsky as the most "French" street in Moscow. Offices, banks: everything as it was before the revolution. And in the basement with bank safes there is a unique pre-revolutionary security system, which allowed to fill the room with water!

(no votes)
Houses
The kirch of Peter and Paul

The kirch of Peter and Paul

7/10/10 Starosadskiy lane

Franz Liszt played in this church in 1837: "some of the ladies were crying, others - sniffed ether".

Rating: 3.3
Houses
Print yard

Print yard

17 Nicholskaya St.

The most unusual building on Nikolskaya - the birthplace of printing in Russia.

Rating: 3.3
Routes
Napoleon in Moscow: Eastern part

Napoleon in Moscow: Eastern part

Maroseyka - Pokrovka street were the main street of "French Moscow" after it was invaded by Napoleon.

Rating: 3.3
Places
Academician Sakharov Prospect

Academician Sakharov Prospect

Street, was planned in 1935, there was only half a century later.

(no votes)
Houses
Former house of E.A. Von Berens

Former house of E.A. Von Berens

7 Gusyatnikov lane

This is one of the few retained pieces of the wooden architecture.

(no votes)
Houses
Residential Building with a trading arcade

Residential Building with a trading arcade

Pokrovka street 4

In the backyard of the Pokrovka yard, 4, is the former main house of the estate of the princes Dolgoruky - Baroque mansion, which basically has chambers of the 17th century. In 1812, the French police were located here. Here was a trial of 26 Moscow arsonists.

(no votes)
Houses
Passage San Galli

Passage San Galli

11/1 Kuznetsky Most Street

The first French fashion shop opened here and brought the glory of the most "French" street of Moscow to Kuznetsky bridge for many years.

Rating: 3.3