RU

Kadashevskaya Sloboda

+ -

Kadashevskaya settlement is located on the lower bank of the Moskva River, its name dates back to tomonimically Kadashi - masters, manufacturing vats and barrels. For the first time the area mentioned in the spiritual literacy Ivan III as a village Kadasheva and flourishing settlement falls on the reign of the first kings of the Romanov dynasty. The historic center of Kadashevskaya settlement was at the temple Cosmas and Damian Assiyskih - now in its place the lawn near the house 4 B. Polyanke. Then the center of slides at the end of the 15th century was built a new church - the predecessor of the present Church of the Resurrection in Kadashi and 1st Kadashevsky lane line repeats the main street of the new core settlement - Resurrection. In the 17th century settlement occupied a special position: new Resurrection Church was on one line from the Ivan the Great Bell to Church of the Ascension in Kolomenskoye, and the status of its defined procedures ringing. First called in the Kremlin, then called Kadashevsky temple - and then all the other parish churches. In the 16th century to the Kadashevskaya Sloboda from different sides rushed overgrown other strong settlement: Tolmachevskaya, Golutvinsky - and is surrounded by sovereign horticultural settlement. Thus, the low bank of the Moskva River from the Kremlin emerged a strong suburban center, balancing aristocratic high street bank. Privileged position settlements determine the status of the emperor. In 1613 a settlement was established weaving, and soon the settlement was "sovereign hamovnoy" and began to supply diapers, jewelry and other luxury items to the court. Kadashevtsy were free from taxes. Freely traded and grew rich. The largest settlement building became Hamovny yard, located on the site of homes at the current 5-11 Staromonetny alley - subsequently became Mint yard. At the end of the 17th century built the modern Church of the Resurrection in Kadashi - noticeable and very ornate. Then build more temples in suburban Tolmachi and Pyzhi - but political conditions change, archers (residents Pyzhevskii settlement) fall out of favor after a riot musketeers, and the new Tsar Peter I prefer to set up weaving in the village of Transfiguration, denying Kadashevsky weavers in orders and support. With the transfer of the capital to St. Petersburg and the prohibition of stone building rich Zamoskvoretskaya settlement fell into disrepair. Changed the structure of building: patriarchal know, who did not want to move to the new capital, buying up the estate in the central streets Zamoskvoretskaya settlements, changing the scale of the buildings. Therefore, the suburban way of life in the 18th century could be found only in the depths of quarters. From ages 16-18 reached us at least three buildings have their basis in ancient chamber. That is a lot for such a small patch. In the late 19th century, a new stage of life settlement: behind the Church of the Resurrection was built sausage factory N. Grigoriev, head office which is located in an old house princes cervids. Kologrivov Manor was purchased Tretyakov Gallery is now busy and a house built for the collection of paintings, and the house of the owner. General Plan in 1935 involved the construction of a broad line of Ostankino to Serpukhov highway. According to the draft, Kadashevskaya settlement had to be destroyed, however, the master plan was not implemented. Now Kadashi of old Moscow atmosphere felt back in 1990 is low: a lot of new buildings, and in the Church of the Resurrection is still a struggle for a more humane in relation to the historical part of the new construction.

Interesting

Houses
Lenin’s library

Lenin’s library

3/5, 2,3,4,5 Vozdvizenka Street

Academic training did not allow architects to create a new dominant near the Kremlin and the highest body was pushed away from the Kremlin walls.

(no votes)
Houses
Grigoryev’s Tenement House

Grigoryev’s Tenement House

Pyatnitskaya Street, 10

Apart from sausage, Grigoryev’s brand store on the ground floor of the house on Pyatnitskaya Street offered a whole selection of specialty foods, including smoked and boiled ham, ham roulades, stuffed goose, duck, turkey, capon, poularde, suckling pigs, and cow tongues, both stuffed and smoked.

(no votes)
Houses
Signs church at Sheremetyev’s yard

Signs church at Sheremetyev’s yard

Romanov Lane. , 2 /6, page 8

Dining room of the Kremlin Hospital housed once within the walls of this temple.

(no votes)
Houses
House Demidova

House Demidova

Pyatnitskaya st., 18, Building 1

Wonderful Empire-style mansion with a six-columned portico number at 18 Pyatnitskaya Street  is the house of Demidov. At the heart of the building a two-storey building in the style of early classicism of the XVIII centuryis located . Then the possession belonged to Fyodor Borisovich Lepeshkin. The house is located with the side towards Pyatnitskaya street and with facade fronting the backyard. Soon after the fire of 1812, already for the new owner - the mining company of Demidov - under the project of the remarkable architect Osip Ivanovich Bove the present building was constructed.

Rating: 3.3
Houses
Furrier Halperin’s house

Furrier Halperin’s house

Pyatnitskaya street 13/21

House number 13 on Pyatnitskaya Street was built in the Art Nouveau style with gothic elements. The building is constructed by the order of Elijah Markovic Halperin, furrier-millionaire in 1908-1909 by the famous architect Fyodor Schechtel. Customer planned to place in the basement of the building Fur Salon, which is why the main entrance to the house is surrounded by two huge showcase windows. In addition, the store housed a store of fancy goods by Nikolai Alekseevich Krestovnikov, who was a vowel of the Moscow City Duma and was an elected Moscow merchant class.

(no votes)
Houses
Vladimir Bonya’s Tenement House

Vladimir Bonya’s Tenement House

Pyatnitskaya street, 20

The building on Pyatnitskaya Street is one of the tallest in the area. It was constructed in the Neoclassical style, typical for Moscow of that period, complete with prominent relief ornaments beneath its cornices.

(no votes)
Houses
Merchants Vargins’ house

Merchants Vargins’ house

16 Pyatnitskaya street

Stretched along the Pyatnitskaya street three-storey building number 16 belonged to merchants Vargins in the XIX century. It is based on the outbuilding of a large merchant's estate of the XVIII century of merchant R,I. Zhuravlev.The main house burned down in a fire in 1812. Subsequently, it was restored and built on a mezzanine above it. In the late 1820s, all  propety passed to the Vargins. Small-scale production is located in a part of the premises.

(no votes)
Houses
City estate

City estate

30/4 Pyatnitskaya street

Solid house number 30 on Pyatnitskaya Street is a city manor of the 18th and 19th centuries with preserved wings. The existing façade was made in the middle of the 19th century decorated with a diamond rust and a small attic above the second floor. It is not known who was the owner of the house at the time, but the fact that the building survived the fire of 1812, adds to it a special status.

(no votes)
Houses
 'Krasny Oktyabr' ('Red October')

'Krasny Oktyabr' ('Red October')

Bersenevskaya Embankment, 6, bld.2-3

Architecture and chocolate, tested by time.

Rating: 3.66
Houses
Razumovskys-Sheremetevs homestead

Razumovskys-Sheremetevs homestead

2 Romanov Lane

The main house is hidden behind a high fence from Romanov lane and by constructivist-style house from Vozdvizhenka.

(no votes)
Houses
"Alexandrovsky Sad"  metro station

"Alexandrovsky Sad" metro station

The uniqueness of this station’s location – right next to the Kremlin – made its engineering aspects and its history equally unique.

(no votes)