Do not forget to use our mobile app.
"It was here that the poet brought his young wife Natalia Nikolaevna Goncharova-Pushkin after their wedding on February 18th, 1831". Monument to this wonderful couple located across the street from the house.Facing Pushkin Museum turn left and follow 200 meters down Arbat street, then turn left and go 100 meters. There is church a on the right.
The Church has a rather complicated story. It stands in the center of the mysterious lanes of Arbat area and surrounded by old houses where famous historical figures ones lived. Also there is a special wedding alter in the church. Soyuzmulfilm studio located here in the 20th century.Return to the Arbat, turn left and continue to move away from Pushkin Museum. Having passed 200 meters, turn left and follow straight 150 meters. Scriabin’s house will be on the left side.
Composer AN Scriabin with his wife and 3 kids settled in the house in 1912. Soon their apartment became a center of cultural and musical life of Moscow - there often held house concerts. Rachmaninov, Balmont, Bulgakov, Pasternak were among the guests. It is here that Scriabin fulfilled the most fruitful in the creative plans of his life. ...More infoReturn to Arbat again, turn left and follow to the end of the street, about 700 meters. Turn left and go across Novy Arbat street. Then turn left and go straight 100 meters. You will see a church.
The church is known as the place of the wedding many figures in Russian history and culture: Aksakov and Zaplatina, Earl Sheremet'ev and Zhemtchugova-Kovaleva. Gogol, Motchalov, Lermontov were the famous parishioners at the church.Exit to Povarskaya street and walk straight 450 meters. Then turn left and go 200 meters. Marina Tsvetaeva’s house will be on the left side
Marina lived in the house of eight and a half years. Here were the first happy years of her marriage. Then she called home, "a well of comfort and magic", "magic house." Here she experienced two revolutions, wars, terrible poverty, hunger, birth and death of her second daughter - Irene, the news (false) on the death of her husband. Then the house was "strange and even scary." Here she took as a poet and novelist, wrote 11 books and numerous poems. Hence in 1922, Tsvetaeva and her daughter went to emigrants wandering ...More infoReturn to Povarskaya street and turn left. Continue straight ahead and walk 400 meters. On the right side of the street is the "House of the Rostovs'
Manor began to take shape in 1756, when II Vorontsov-Velyaminov built a small house with corner pilasters along the line Nikitskaya. In the 1770s, ownership passed to Dolgorukov, in which the estate was expanded to Povarskaya Street. This mansion was familiar Leo Tolstoy, as he was bound by family ties with the owners. It was the house he described as Rostov house in his novel "War and Peace" ...More infoContinue on Povarskaya Street to the Garden Ring - about 100 meters, then turn left and walk along the Garden Ring 600 meters. After turn right onto Spiridonovka and go straight 250 meters. On the right side of the House will Z.G.Morozovoy
In 1893, Savva Morozov bought an old family homestead Aksakovs. Then the area was dilapidated wooden house in the Empire style, built in 1814 by the famous arhitektoromA.L. Vitberg poet II Dmitrieva. Savva Morozov ordered to demolish the old building, and in its place build a big beautiful house designed by the young architect Fyodor Shechtel. Manor equip for his beloved wife Sawa Timofeevich. At the time, love and Savva Morozov Zinaida done a lot of noise in the Moscow merchant. Young 18-year-old wife of Sergei Morozov Vikulovicha met at the ball of his uncle - Savva Morozov. Love broke so strong that for her Sawa stepped over religious canons and pious customs of the Old Believers and offered to become his wife Zinaida. Old Believer family were lovers. Relatives and all merchant society embraced divorce and marry a divorced as a great shame. In spite of that, in 1888, the Sava and Zinaida were married and lived together for 17 years ...More info
"Rostov’s house"52 Povarskaya Street
In the 1770s, this property passed to Dolgorukovs. They built two symmetrical service buildings at the edges of the main house with round-cornered rooms. At the turn of XVIII-XIX centuries, the main manor house was built on a mezzanine, decorated with two porticos and received a strict classical facade design. The house was described as a "House of growth" in the novel "War and Peace".