Do not forget to use our mobile app.
What Bolshaya Dmitrovka beneath?
We invite you to walk along one of the most beautiful streets of the Russian capital, to look into yards and visit museums.
This is a walk through one of the most interesting streets of Moscow - the ancient path that connects Moscow and Dmitrov, was already known in the XIV century. At the end of the XVI century Dmitrovka separated by a wall of the White City. Suburban people populated Malaya Dmitrovka, then aristocrats came in and finally it became quiet street for people of moderate means. Dmitrovka remained in the White part of Moscow and later became the row of country estates, then – apartment buildings. Bolshaya Dmitrovka crossed by two famous Moscow lanes: Chamberlain lane running into Kuznetsky bridge, and Stoleshnikov with Kopevsky, St George, Petrovsky, Kozitskii, Glinischevsky lanes starting from it. Facades of building primarily define the character of a street. Elegant facades of tenement houses standing on a Bolshaya Dmitrovka, interspersed with clear avant-garde buildings and gate hide old manor palaces. To find out, it is necessary to look into gates, turn off into alleys and visit museums. Now Dmitrovka given to pedestrians, people can go from house to house. Dmitrovka crossed by several lanes. The space became a great museum, where one wants to peek at every room. We invite you to go to one of the most beautiful streets of the Russian capital, to look into yards and visit museums.
So, we come out of the subway at Theatralnaya station, the exit lobby located at the ground floor of a former K.Poltoratsky’s apartment building, rebuilt by architect Fomin.Crosswalk invites us to proceed on Okhotny Ryad (Hunter’s Row) and Mokhovaya street. It is a bridge to the Nobility Club House and further to the first ring of streets around the Kremlin and Kitai-Gorod.
Initially only nobles were allowed to visit the Noble Assembly on holidays. Emperor Alexander I was a member of the Moscow Nobility Club. Later, with the adoption of the new Charter 1849, honorable citizens merchants of the first guild and artists gained an access here by invitation of members.Turn right and walk along the even side of the Big Dmitrovka to its intersection with the George Lane
Moscow State Exhibition Hall "Manege"
In the XVI century, old Dmitrovskaya settlement, between the center and Stoleshnikov, was inhabited exclusively by court ranks and there were a lot of church lands here. Second crosswalk invites us into St George's Lane. You cannot go past the red-brick buildings of the Small arena, reminiscent of the Golden Cockerel Mansion. Exhibition hall arranged in 1996in a former power station designed by architect Cher in 1888 - "The new Manege." Building and is now one of the most interesting and popular exhibition spaces in Moscow. There are various exhibitions and presentations. ...More infoCross the road and find yourself in a narrow alley that leads the passers-by into a huge arch of Mordvinov’s house on Tverskaya Street, go a little forward down the lane
From the alley perfectly visible Chamber of boyars Troyekurov. The pearl of the Moscow construction before Peter the Great can be seen now only from the alley through the fence of the State Duma. Once beautifully restored architectural monument and Museum of Musical Instruments is now in poor condition. ...More infoCome along to the junction with Dmitrovka Chamberlain lane
Name just left us alley connected with stand here before George Monastery. The cells were kept in the monastery Chamberlain lane. Houses 3 and 5 are in place St. George Monastery, burnt down in 1812.Go to the top of the alley Kamergersky
Chamberlain Lane has long been a pedestrian zone. In summer there is a multitude of outdoor cafes, which are hidden in the winter in the ground floors of buildings. In the alley there is a building of one of the most popular theaters in Moscow. In Soviet times, he called the travel lane of the Art Theatre. The house number 3a since 1947 there is a museum MAT. The exposition keeps items related to the history of theater. The museum was opened much earlier, in 1923, but overgrown collection of required new premises. ...More infoWe go to the house opposite the theater
In front of the theater, let us enter into another doorway. The house itself - the former Hotel Chevalier, remembering Leo Tolstoy and Theophile Gautier. In the alley - courtyard of the hotel. The house number 6 (next to the Chevalier) in Kamergersky lane, you can visit the museum-apartment remarkable Russian composer Prokofiev. The museum was opened relatively recently, in 2008. The exhibition includes a memorial room Prokofiev Concert Hall, artistic living. Different rooms decorated in different architectural styles that represent the diversity of the composer. ...More infoLooking house on the corner of the alley and Tverskaya Street
Close to the street Tverskaya lane becomes wider. In 1923-1925 gg. Master Plan reconstruction of Moscow, developed by Shchusev and Shestakov, Chamberlain had become part of one of the new rings, belted Moscow. The project did not materialize, but the buildings constructed for the ring remained.Go back to the Dmitrovka and go further in the direction of the Boulevard Ring
Back in 1831, the guide wrote: "Going up to Dmitrijevka Boulevard ... you see on both sides of the beautiful building." Since then, many estates have changed apartment buildings, but the street did not until the end of trading, it is a street clubs and theaters. On the even side of the house is preserved Myasoedova, the facade of which can be seen in one of the albums compiled by the architect M.F.Kazakovym, and therefore deserves special attention. ...More infoWe do not need to go through the gate, it is enough to turn into the alley between buildings 7 and 9.
On the contrary, in the courtyard of 7, kept house Glebovs Streshnevs. The former palace of the XVIII century. hidden from prying eyes. Both at home - part of the old, classical Moscow.Go back outside and go past the house 9
In 1910 an event occurred which buzz a few years. In the history of the four were involved - Director Baranovska manufactory NM Zhuravlev, beauty Olga Gribov, an oil magnate and philanthropist NL Tarasov, industrialist and philanthropist NP Riabushinskii.And we are waiting for another gateway in the house 11, which opens the building fur refrigerator
In the courtyard of the house number 11, in the 1900s entered into a complex of tenement houses furrier NA Mikhailov, was "the first and only in Russia Refrigerator, adapted to store only furs, dresses and carpets." It was built in 1912 by order of the aforementioned merchant supplier of His Imperial Majesty, whose fur business is booming at the time. ...More infoNext Hop - Stoleshnikov lane bridge. In the alley lived master weavers, manufacturing tablecloths - Stoleshniki. We go to the house in 6 Stoleshnikovom
Manor Kozhina hidden in the yard of the house. Beautiful house-palace has retained its appearance since 1812.Go back to the Dmitrovka
We use the transition and move on to the even side of the street. Angle Stoleshnikov lane framed house built in the style of avant-garde for writers and journalists. It was built for employees of the newspaper "Pravda" and the housing cooperative in charge of management, called "Pravda newspaper." ...More infoLook in front
On the contrary clearly visible facade with three portraits. Archive of Socio-Political History, built in 1927 for the Institute of Lenin. On the facade - the person of Marx, Engels and Lenin. After the building of the Institute appeared Tver travel.Climb the passage up to the house 8
The Museum and Studio of People's Artist of the USSR DA Nalbandian
New house architect AG Mordvinova who now wears the number 8, in the construction in 1940 was part of a new complex of buildings along Tverskaya Street and was called "body E" took the entire block between Glinischevskim lane and the Tver area. The second building houses number 8 on Tverskaya Street in 1992 opened a museum-workshop of the artist D.A.Nalbandyana. The artist lived in this apartment since 1956. In late 1992, he donated his collection to Moscow, which became the foundation of the museum. ...More infoGo back to the Dmitrovka and continue going up the alley Glinischevskogo
Dmitrovka connects the theater MAT and residential building, built in 1930 for theater artists MAT. The house is located in an alley Glinischevskom. Every day Dmitrijevka hurried to his home theater Knipper-Chekhov, VP Marecki, IM Moskvin, ON Abdulov, AL Kajdanovsky and others. Apartment 52 is a museum-apartment of one of the founders of the Moscow Art Theatre - VI Nemirovich-Danchenko. The museum is open since 1944 and is a branch of the Museum of the Moscow Art Theatre. Here Nemirovich-Danchenko spent the last five years of life. The apartment is kept intact, and today you can see the environment in which he lived director. ...More infoCome on the even side of the building to Stanislavsky Theatre.
Looking at the facade of the building, we unwittingly introduce ourselves to the Italian city street. The theater building is also associated with the names of Stanislavsky Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Art Theater artists. In 1926, the order of the Government building on Bolshaya Dmitrovka (former estate of Saltykov) was transferred to the two studios - Opera Studio Stanislavsky and Music Studio under the leadership of Nemirovich-Danchenko. Now it's Musical Theater of two brilliant managers. ...More infoWe move on to Dmitrijevka. The direction of travel - Trading house Levisson
Head over to the doorway. Here, in the courtyard of the former trading house Levisson R. (№ 32) preserved mansion Elizaveta Golitsyn, which houses the "Doctor's club."We move to the lane Kozitskogo
Angle Kozitskogo Lane House is decorated police officers. Building again, as in the Chamberlain lane reminds us of the failed reconstruction of Moscow mid-1920.Go to the Passion Boulevard
Starting the Nobility, the street ends strict classical buildings university press.The pedestrian zone ends, begins the realm of machines ...
"Shooting house"Nikolskaya street, 23
House 23 on Nikolskaya street is known as the "fshooting house" - here during the Great Terror there was the Military Collegium of the Supreme Court of the USSR headed by V. Ulrich. The building is based on fragments of the chambers of the Khovansky princes of the XVII century, and in 1835 Nikolay Vladimirovich Stankevich lived here in one of the hired apartments.
“Old man Bolkonsky’s" houseVozdvizhenka street 9
Vozdvizhenka 9 - address not only literary but also historical. This house survived the war of 1812. Writer Leo Tolstoy repeatedly visited there. This house is displayed in the novel "War and Peace" and "Anna Karenina." Now the house being built on.