Интерактивный гид по городу
С мобильным приложением бродить по городу гораздо интереснее!

Kuntsevskoye Cemetery

This necropolis is a branch of the Novodevichye Cemetery and is reserved for the merited Muscovites.

Kuntsevskoye Cemetery
Kuntsevskoye Cemetery
This necropolis is a branch of the Novodevichye Cemetery and is reserved for the merited Muscovites.
Вы можете воспользоваться QR-кодом, чтобы открыть эту страницу в нашем приложении
Информация о здании

Кунцевское кладбище – одно из старейших кладбищ Москвы, возникшее в конце XVII века как кладбище села Спасское на реке Сетуни. До 1920-х годов оно носило название Сетуньское. В 1920 году село с кладбищем вошло в черту города Кунцево, который затем стал районом Москвы. Отсюда и современное название кладбища.

Существует версия, что название реки Сетунь образовано от слова «сетовать»: в бассейне реки с XII века проводились многочисленные захоронения погибших в боях воинов, и, по преданию, местные жители приходили на речку скорбеть о потере родных.

Кладбище состоит из двух частей – Старой и Новой – и занимает 17 га.

Кунцевское кладбище – один из филиалов Новодевичьего, оно предназначено для погребения заслуженных москвичей.

На Старом кладбище находится церковь Спаса Нерукотворного Образа на Сетуни, построенная в 1674–1676 гг. в усадьбе Спасское-Манухино, принадлежавшей видному дипломату боярину Артамону Матвееву. В 1809 году после перестройки у храма появились колокольня, новое пятиглавое завершение, внутреннее убранство в стиле ампир, новый главный иконостас и южный придел преподобного Григория Декаполита. В 1905 году церковь была реконструирована по проекту архитектора Жигардловича – старую колокольню снесли, вместо нее возвели трехъярусную кирпичную шатровую. Также были перестроены приделы к трапезной. В 1941 году храм был закрыт и разграблен. В помещении церкви расположился гальванический цех завода цветного литья. Во время войны здесь изготавливались мины, после войны производили штампованные кастрюли и ложки. Храм был возвращен верующим в 1989 году, тогда же возобновились богослужения.

На Старой части кладбища похоронены историк искусства и коллекционер Дмитрий Ровинский; издатель Сергей Сабашников; писатель Варлам Шаламов; поэт Эдуард Асадов; бывший глава КГБ Виктор Чебриков, легендарные советские разведчики Ким Филби и Морис Коэн.

На территории Нового кладбища расположена Братская могила воинов, погибших в Великой Отечественной войне 1941-1945 гг. и умерших в московских госпиталях. В 1975 году над могилой сооружен мемориальный памятник. На соседнем участке захоронены дважды герой Советского Союза летчик Кирилл Евстигнеев; советский государственный деятель Георгий Маленков, убийца Льва Троцкого Рамон Меркадер.

На Новом кладбище похоронены артисты и режиссеры Владимир Басов, Леонид Гайдай, Илья Фрэз, Эдмонд Кеосаян, Лев Кулиджанов, Анатолий Эфрос, Валерий Приемыхов, Евгений Моргунов, Сергей Мартинсон, Георгий Менглет, Георгий Стриженов, Лариса Шепитько, Виктор Павлов, Александр Кайдановский, Борис Хмельницкий, клоун Карандаш (Михаил Румянцев), народные артисты СССР и РСФСР Николай Боголюбов, Зиновий Гердт, Иван Переверзев, Нона Мордюкова; известные композиторы, дирижеры, певцы: Константин Листов, Валерий Ободзинский, Юрий Силантьев, Галина Рождественская, Евгений Мартынов, Павел Слободкин, Евгений Птичкин, Евгений Белоусов, арфистка Вера Дулова; конструктор стрелкового оружия Сергей Симонов, хоккеист Валерий Харламов, хоккейный тренер Борис Кулагин, фигурист Сергей Волков, а также известные футболисты, поэты, писатели, журналисты, международные обозреватели, публицисты, историки, фотожурналисты, педагоги, графики, живописцы, скульпторы.

Автор статьи
Олег Фочкин

Kuntsevskoye Cemetery is one of the oldest in Moscow; it emerged in the 17th century as a local graveyard near the Spasskoye village at the Setun river. Up to the 1920s it had the name of Setunskoye. In 1920, the village and its graveyard were incorporated into the town of Kuntsevo which in its turn became one of Moscow districts. Hence the today's name of the cemetery.

There is a theory that the river Setun's name derives from the word 'setovat' (lament or mourn): since the 12th century, the area adjacent to the river was the burial site for the warriors and local residents used to come to the river to mourn for their gone dear ones.

There are two parts of the Cemetery — the Old and the New — and its total area is 17 hectares.

The Kuntsevskoye Cemetery is one of the branches of the Novodevichye Cemetery and is reserved for the merited Muscovites.

In the Old part of the Cemetery, there is the Church of the Mandylion of Edessa on Setun built in 1674–1676 in the Spasskoye-Manukhino estate that belonged to Boyar Artamon Matveyev, a prominent diplomat. Soon after the Church's reconstruction in 1809, a belfry was erected, as well as five new domes, the interiors were remodeled in the Empire style, the new iconostasis and the southern side-chapel of St. Gregory of Decapolis were made. In 1905, the Сhurch was reconstructed to architect Zhigardlovich's design: the old belfry was replaced with a new three tired brickwork one with a tent roof. Side chapels in the refectory were also remodeled. In 1941, the Сhurch was closed and devastated. It got occupied by an electroplating shop of the non ferrous casting plant. During the war, the shop produced mines; in the post war times it was manufacturing formed pots and spoons. In 1989, the Сhurch was restituted to the faithful and the liturgical services resumed.
In the Old part of the Cemetery, there are graves of art historian and collector Dmitry Rovinsky, publisher Sergey Sabashnikov, writer Varlam Shalamov, poet Eduard Asadov, former KGB chief Viktor Chebrikov, legendary Soviet intelligence officers Kim Philby and Morris Cohen.

In the New part of the Cemetery, there is the Mass grave of the soldiers fallen in the Great Patriotic war in 1941–1945 and of those who died of wounds in the Moscow hospitals. In 1975, above the Mass grave, a memorial monument was erected. Close to it, twice Hero of Soviet Union pilot Kirill Yevstigneyev, Soviet functionary Georgy Malenkov, Leo Trotsky's killer Ramon Mercader are buried.
In the New Cemetery, actors and film/stage directors Vladimir Basov, Leonid Gayday, Ilia Frez, Edmond Keosayan, Lev Kulidzhanov, Anatoly Efros, Valery Priyomykhov, Evgeny Morgunov, Sergey Martinson, Georgy Menglet, Georgy Strizhenov, Larisa Shepitko, Viktor Pavlov, Alexander Kaydanovsky, Boris Khmelnitsky, clown Karandash (Mikhail Rumyantsev), USSR and Russia People's Artists Nikolay Bogoliubov, Zinovy Gerdt, Ivan Pereverzev, Nonna Mordiukova; famous composers, conductors and singers: Konstantin Listov, Valery Obodzinsky, Yuri Silantyev, Galina Rozhdestvenskaya, Evgeny Martynov, Pavel Slobodkin, Evgeny Ptichkin, Evgeny Belousov, harpist Vera Dulova, firearms designer Sergey Simonov, ice hockey player Valery Kharlamov, ice hockey coach Boris Kulagin, figure skater Sergey Volkov as well as famous football players, poets, writers, journalists, international observers, columnists, historians, photojournalists, teachers, artists and sculptors are buried.

Oleg Fochkin